1. Lead the development of a culture of continuous improvement that is biased toward action and driving SQDC metrics improvements.
2. Lead by example and embed MBM Guiding Principles as the foundation of the operational excellence strategy.
3. Identify and lead process improvement projects and teams to drive continuous improvement and cultural change.
4. Maximize operational performance by proactively identifying areas for improvement, leading lean initiatives and projects, utilizing lean tools and techniques, analyzing and reporting key metrics, communicating continuous improvement activities and training team members to accomplish the same.
5. Lead and mentor the evaluation of operational metrics and trends, PDCA thinking, scientific thinking, root cause analysis, and standard work at all levels of the organization.
6. Lead projects to achieve business, quality, and compliance objectives.
7. Develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve SQDC metrics and site initiatives. Solutions must be driven to completion.
8. Utilize excellent project management skills and experience; Effectively communicating, and demonstrating successful organizational and planning skills.
9. Network externally to develop skills and contribute to the Phillips-Medisize operational excellence system and strategy.
10. Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs.
a)Where applicable, individual is pre-planning safety into work activities to improve performance.
b)Proactively identifies safety concerns.
c)Complies with Environmental Management System program SOP’s/WI, Policy & Program elements and encourages responsible use of resources.
1. Bachelor degree (preferably in an industrial engineering) or equivalent mix of education and experience successfully applying lean methodologies in manufacturing and transactional processes.
2. Four to six (4-6) years' experience in the practical application of operational excellence principles, systems and tools. (8 wastes, 6S, process mapping, value stream mapping, SMED, TPM, kaizen etc.)
3. Understanding of manufacturing and operations is preferred.
4. Six Sigma certification a plus.
5. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve performance metrics and business objectives.
6. Performance mindset with a passion to improve people, process, and tools/methodologies.
7. Demonstrate excellent training and presentation skills.
8. Capability to quickly establish credibility, influencing individuals at all levels.
9. Demonstrate excellent relationship building skills.
10. Strong leadership skills, with the ability to form collaborative teams, and influence the teams while working on continuous improvement projects.
11. Superior communication (both oral & written), teamwork and organizational skills.
12. Ability to identify issues on own, be a self-starter.
13. Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects and/or kaizens at the same time.
14. Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans.
15. Develop and meet financial goals, ability to calculate and communicate ROI's.
16. Demonstrate ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
17. Ability to teach, guide and mentor others on Lean and Six Sigma.
18. Ability to work with members on and off the production floor.
19. Demonstrate a focus on Continuous Improvement, and promote that culture.