• Accountable for managing one or more material categories
• Procurement Strategy: Research and benchmark the market for assigned categories, develop a robust category strategy (including risks, trends, supply base, costs, and competitors) and execute the strategy.
• Conduct cost saving against management targets by spend/ cost analysis, initiate saving projects and coordinate with internal stakeholders to deliver results.
• Project management: Leading the saving/supply security project, leverage the necessary resource to ensure the efficiency and on time delivery
• Supplier management: Develop and manage supplier relationship. Manage negotiation, supplier performance and further collaboration.
• Supply risk management: Develop market intelligence on supply bases, monitor the key events (national disasters, logistics issue, policy trend, etc) and develop, execute the mitigation plan to minimum the impact to daily operation
• Communicate proactively with Target Market and other functions to capture and anticipate the business requirement
• Work with the operation purchasing to ensure supplier commitments are transacted per the agreements.
• Collaborate global/regional category team to share market intelligence and build strategy
• Willingness to lead team and tasks when required.
- Fluent in English, experience of working in multi-cultural team is required.
- Bachler’s degree, at least 10 years’ experience in Procurement in multinational companies.
- Strong Project Management skill, logic and data analysis skills and commercial acumen.
- Excellent spend analysis skill
- Good team player with interpersonal skills and communication skills
- People Management experience is plus.
- Strong ownership, results oriented, and self-driven.
- Location: Suzhou.